Host a Blessed Dress Drive
Why Host a Blessed Dress Drive?
- Supports your community
- Energizes your clients, employees, students or others by providing a convenient way to give back
- Garners good will from inside and outside your organization or business
- It feels good to be a part of this fun, sparkling project helping young women
A Blessed Dress representative will work with you every step of the way to help make your drive a success:
The Blessed Dress Drive Host will
- Offer a suitable location
- Publicize the event
- Solicit donations of dresses
Blessed Dress Does the Rest
- Help plan and organize your collection event
- Arrange for you to pick up equipment and supplies from us (see list below)
- We will pick up the dresses & other items at the end of your event
Keys to a Successful Blessed Dress Drive
- Get the buy-in and support from key people (management, school principal, community leaders, pastor).
- Schedule your Blessed Dress Drive when you have high traffic, but at a time that does not conflict with other activities.
- Publicize up to 30 days in advance. Use your organization’s main communication channels (email, intranets, newsletters, bulletin boards, Facebook and Twitter) to publicize the drive. Feel free to use #BlessedDressKC. We can send you PDFs of the flyer or poster, as well as template emails & articles if you would like to post them.
- Give lots of encouragement to potential donors. Consider giving something to those who donate a dress, such as a dress-down-day or a coupon for goods/services.
- Send a thank you to your clients, associates or others who donate. Include the total quantity of dresses donated and any other statistics from Blessed Dress. A template “thank you” note is included in the Blessed Dress Drive package.
- Call us if your rack gets full or you need hangers, and we’ll take care of it.
- Feel free to make copies of the tax receipt or flyer/poster. If you need more cards and cannot copy them, we are happy to bring you more.
What Blessed Dress provides to you:
- Banner: a hot pink “DONATE A DRESS” banner, measures 36” wide X 19” high, with a space for you to post details of the location and dates of your collection event. These banners are available upon request, we have 4 and they float around to collection events. Add pizazz to your collection site.
- Rack: for collecting and hanging dresses. A rack is available upon request, we have a limited number of racks to loan for collection events.
- Tax receipts: donors can complete with the information regarding their donation. Blessed Dress and Central United Methodist Church cannot place a value on donated items, but the donor can.
- Reminder cards: measure 4” X 5.5” and on one side give details about donating dresses and other items, and the other side has information for young women who would like to come select a dress. These are useful for anyone who wants to tell others about your Blessed Dress Drive, or reach out to young women who might need a dress in the Spring.
- Poster or flyer: measures 8.5” X 11”, printed on hot pink paper and can be posted near your collection site, in restrooms, break rooms, windows, etc. We can also provide this in a PDF for you to post on your web site or embed in newsletters.
- Certificate of Appreciation: without you, we cannot serve the local young women with beautiful dresses for their prom. We appreciate your partnership in this ministry. Frame this certificate and let others know of your support for this sparkly & fun ministry.